- ‘Company’ means Instrument Devices Pty Ltd, its successors and assigns or any person acting on behalf of and with the authority of Instrument Devices Pty Ltd.
- ‘Customer’ means the Customer (or any person acting on behalf of and with the authority of the Customer) as described on any quotation, work authorization or other form as provided by Instrument Devices to the Customer.
- ‘Goods and Services’ means the range of products and services supplied by the Company.
- ‘These Conditions’ means these ‘Standard Terms and Conditions of Sales’.
- ‘Price’ means the Price is under Australian Currency Dollars and payable for the Goods as agreed between Instrument Devices and the Customer(s) in accordance with Clause 3 of this contract.
2. Delivery Charges
- Company offers standard freight to Australia wide Customers free of charge with purchased value AU$300 (+GST) or above in total. Alternatively, an AU$15 (+GST) postage & handling fee is payable from Buyer on purchase.
- For urgent delivery within Australia, ‘Express Service’ is available at Customer’s own cost. AU$20 (+GST) will be charged for each parcel at a maximum weight of 5kg. Any parcel above this limit will be quoted accordingly.
- For international or special purchase, we shall arrange DHL Express to handle the delivery with an official quote to be issued upon ordering.
3. Price and Payments
- Company accepts payment either through Electronic Bank Transfer, Credit Cards or Paypal in Australian Dollars only.
- Payment is to be made by cash, Australian or International Bank Cheque, money order or other methods are as agreed to between Customer and Instrument Devices under arrangement.
- Personal cheque is not acceptable.
- Purchased goods are allowed to be released upon the approval of payment into Company’s transaction account.
- GST and other taxes and duties that may be applicable shall be added to the Purchase Price except when they are expressly included in the Price.
Goods in transit are not insured by the Company unless a specific agreement to do so in written format. Customer should notify the Company in advance upon the purchase with the cost of insurance is to be quoted accordingly. For insurance payment option, refer Clause 3 – ‘Price and Payments’ for an acceptable method of payment.
- The Company warrants that its goods are free from defects caused by faulty manufacture or materials provided the goods are installed, maintained, and operated in accordance with the Instrument Devices Operating and Maintenance instructions for a period of 12 months from the date of purchase.
- If any of its goods are defective, the Company’s liability will be limited to either repair, supply of replacement goods or reimbursement of the purchase price. The warranty on your purchased product shall not apply to defects or damage resulting from but not limited to:
- Improper or inadequate maintenance by the customer
- Failure on the part of the Customer to follow any instructions or guidelines provided by Instrument Devices
- Unauthorized modification or misuse
- Operation outside of the environmental specifications for the product
- Lightning or other power overload
- Connection to an incorrect power supply, including but not limited to incorrect voltage to signal inputs
- Contact with water or other extraneous material
- Installation by an unqualified or inadequately trained person
- Use in an unapproved application
- Damage or malfunction caused by any animals or insects
- Where a product is returned by the end user and is found not to be defective, Instrument Devices reserves the right to charge a fee for testing and freight to return the product. Where a product is repaired or replaced by Instrument Devices, the repaired or replacement item will be warranted for the remainder of the original warranty period or 3 calendar months whichever is the longer. Freight for goods returned under warranty is the responsibility of the buyer. After repair or replacement under warranty, the goods will be returned free of charge to the buyer.
6. Defects and Returns
- The Customer shall inspect the Goods on delivery within seven (7) days of delivery and notify Instrument Devices if of any alleged defect, shortage in quantity, damage or failure to comply with the description or quote. If the Customer fails to comply within these specific time frame, Company assumes the delivered products are to be free from any defect or damage and deems to be non-returnable.
- For defective Goods, which Instrument Devices has agreed in writing that the Customer is entitled to reject, therefore the Customer is eligible to either refund of the full / partial purchase price of the Goods, or repair of the Goods, or replacement of the Goods.
- Returns will only be accepted as per following conditions:
- The Customer has complied with the provisions of Clause 6.1 and 6.2; and
- Instrument Devices has agreed in writing to accept the return of the Goods; and
- The Goods are returned at the Customer’s cost within seven (7) days of the delivery date
- Instrument Devices may accept the return of Goods for credit but this may incur a re-stocking fee of thirty percent (30%) of purchased value in Australian Dollars, plus the returning freight cost of a minimum of AU$15 (+GST) upon dimensions & weight of the package. Alternatively customer may arrange the goods returning to our premise on their own cost.
7. Order Cancellation
- In the event that the Customer cancels the delivery of Goods, Customer shall be liable for any loss incurred by Instrument Devices (including, but not limited to any loss of profits) up to the time of cancellation.
- Cancellation of orders for non-stocklist or custom made items as per Customer’s specifications is not acceptable after order confirmation with production commenced.